Sunday, October 31, 2010

D1, conquered!

I caught up the rest of row C for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler this week. This was a fun row for the most part!












































































And then there was D1 looming on the horizon. Yvette had warned me that this one was a tad difficult.



















But with lots of pins.

















And scratching the cobwebs of my cranium and recalling the things my Nana and my Mom taught me about stay stitching and easing curves, etc.... And some better luck with my Y-seams....















I got 'er done!
















If you click on the oldFROGeyes widget at the top right side of my blog, you can see my progress on my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (and others). I love being able to see my quilts growing!!

I've peeked at the rest of row D, and I think it's going to be a good row. Challenging in places, but still, quite doable. I noticed that one block at the end involved curves and the book gave both applique templates and piecing instructions. There is a more difficult block, D7, that does not suggest applique, but I think it is a block that would definitely be easier that way. Why not? If it's okay on one block, why not on another?

I will ponder that as I work my way across that row. I have Saturday sampler to catch up, and my Red/White/Blue sampler to work on also, along with some Christmas gifts and some baking/freezing to accomplish.

I think I need a nap, just from thinking about it all! :)

3 comments:

Yvette said...

You sneaky devil! I had no idea you would catch up so soon. Someone was very busy yesterday!!! They all look FABULOUS, especially D1.

We will conquer this quilt so we can move on to Farmer's Wife. :)

Jacque said...

Wow! D1 is beautiful!
Actually, all of your Sylvia blocks are lovely...I am enjoying watching it "grow." :)
Love you, sis!

Kimme@Irish Cottage Dreams said...

I love your blog. Everything you make is so pretty :)

~ kimme