Sunday, June 06, 2010

I heard that "hint, hint!"

Yvette hinted that she'd like to see my first block of Sylvia's Bridal Quilt....

I have never done paper piecing before. We will be doing this quilt for the next 4,592 weeks couple years, and Ellen is maybe going to join us when she gets a few projects finished...

(That's what I should be doing, is waiting.... ahem... I was never very good at waiting!)

So Ellen gave me a crash course in paper piecing the last time we were at Orange Quilt Bee for a free sew. Thank you Ellen!

I decided I was going to try a few blocks because this is a big new thing for me to learn and I wanted to get going and see what paper piecing is like! (see "never very good at waiting" above!)

I got almost done, and had to call Yvette with a question or two.

But I got my first block finished.



















And then.... I kept going!


















So here is A1, A2 and A3. I stopped then, and switched back to Prairie Spools, because my brain was tired. And A4 is a challenging block!


















Although I have some ideas about how I'm going to get that one done!


:)

3 comments:

Yvette said...

WOO HOO!!

The blocks are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Way to show me up by getting the 3rd one done. ;)

I look forward to your ideas on that 4th block. ACK!!

Jacque said...

Wow!
You are an ambitious lady, starting a brand new skill and a VERY large project!!
Your blocks look great - good job!
Love ya,
Jacque

Karene said...

Beautiful! I might have to do this one too...not sure, LOL !!!