Thursday, February 28, 2008

A little progress, to tide me over until Saturday Sampler!

I got seven of the 20 squares needed completed tonight.....I think it will look nice when its done, with a tan border, and bound with the deep green.....an all-over meander, etc.


















I like the look of the one in the link below, also (at least from the directions). It looks almost like it will have the appearance of woven ribbons....


I may try cutting this one and "kitting" it for my Red Hot Sew 'n Sews to do as a chemo quilt. If I put enough for four blocks in each kit (fabric cut in 2" strips, WOF), then everyone could do four blocks and join them into one row, and five of us could whip out a quilt top pretty quickly. I would then join the rows and attach the border. I could wait until I had several to do and then put them on my HandiQuilter......

Tomorrow's Friday - lots of work, grocery run, and no time to quilt :( But then Saturday Sampler! Yay!

No comments: