Friday, February 01, 2008

Honey Almond Wheat Bread

Karen's current favorite!















Baked up pretty well! She likes to make toast out of it for breakfast. It actually rose better than a loaf of plain white flour bread that I made for Mr. B.

He liked his just fine, but I think the wheat bread has a deeper flavor and this time, I didn't have any big air holes in the dough. Yay.
















Honey Almond Wheat Bread
1-1/4 cups water
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons butter, cut into pats
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon active dry yeast

I tossed all into the bread maker, liquids first, then butter, then yeast and the rest of the dry ingredients except for almonds. I like to use my breadmaker for the mix and the first rise. I let it run for about 15 minutes and then tossed the almonds in. They get broken up even further and mixed in just fine. After the first rise, I punched it down and put it in a bread pan to rise again, and then baked at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Smelled great! (much better than the onion soup two days ago!!)


Here's a picture or two that I just found on the camera, from one of the highpoints of my week! Laurie and BillyBoyfriend came to dinner and in this picture, they were looking at the calendar Karen found for Laurie that is full of pictures of Shiba Inu puppies....So Cute....I'm not even a dog person, and I like Shibas..... :)






























Click on pic to see Mr. B as he proves that he is six at heart.

Max the Wuss Wonderful is seen here, looking grudgingly tolerant of Sadie as she invades his bed..........















and demands that he play with her.....
....."the little alpha brat pipsqueak!", he thinks....
















HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!! I am headed for my sewing room!

No comments: