Thursday, August 02, 2007

Kitty Paws

It has been a while since I blogged, again. And the hits just keep on coming. More about that some other time. As the saying goes, when the going gets tough, the tough get going quilt more!! I was only able to squeeze in a few minutes today, but it was very satisfying to finish the kitty paws on the border of the kitty quilt. There is just something about the quilting process, any part of it, that gives me peace and a sense of accomplishment.

Double Click to see close up.















I took the Janome 1600PBX out of the HandiQuilter frame and used it with an extension table and free motion quilted the kitty paws.....it was fun! And easy....

All that is left now, is the blue paw print binding, and it will be ready to give to P.

Of course, Life got in the way so much during the making of this quilt, that she's done with chemo, and done with radiation, and its about to be the Hottest Time of the Year here in SoCal......but still, I hope the sentiment behind the quilt will be meaningful for her and she can use it when the weather cools, and know that I was thinking of her throughout her treatment and will continue to hope with her that she has won her fight against breast cancer.

As soon as I get the binding done for P's quilt, I can load Laurie's quilt on the frame and quilt it. Then there's the rest of my Double Irish Chain to complete and then I can start on a surprise for my niece. And yes, its another charm quilt.....just like P's and Laurie's.....I think that will be the last one of those for a while. And, I have LOTS of other projects lined up waiting....


Sew little time....
















Maybe I just need more coffee!

No comments: