Sunday, July 02, 2006

Project Garage 2006

The situation in the garage reached critical mass a long time ago. I have reached the end of my patience with it.....Grrrrr! I bought shelves, with the assistance of one of my trusty cohorts in adventure, Karen. Patrick had the misfortune good sense to go away for the weekend, thereby missing this particular adventure with Joy.....

Karen and I bought heavy duty (will hold 4000 pounds, evenly distributed) industrial shelving at Home Depot. We are women, hear us roar! We were not even deterred by the view that greeted us at the beginning of Project Garage 2006.....

That's the single car side above.....Here's the double car side below.....Yeah, three car garage......funny thing is, I don't see any cars.....

Shelves were built, with the aid of determination, creative cursing, laughter and luck! We now have all of Karen's treasures binned and shelved.....Laurie's are almost done.....my craft supplies (quilting, knitting, tole painting, etc) will be organized soon.....we have not touched Mr. B's stuff.....he's working up to it..... Sigh.

I will take new pix tomorrow......we've been at it for two days, and right now, I'm too tired to hold the camera. I'm doing well just to hold my glass of wine.....and I'm eyeing the bed......

Tomorrow promises to be a light day for my transcription business.....More progress will be made......(crosses fingers!) And the next day is the Fourth of July! More progress is possible.....and a reward: sewing time with Karene!

Ultimate goal: VW van housed in garage, and torture devices treadmill and stationary bike located in garage.....not the middle of the living room! (crosses a few toes for extra benefit!)





No comments: