Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday Night's Alright....

It was a good day. Typing got done. Then we went out to dinner, Michael, Karen and I, to celebrate Michael's finishing up of the taxe returns....federal, state, personal, kids, friends, and the 4,592 page corporate return - you name it, they're done. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and as usual had a fantastic meal. We have yet to be disappointed there!

I came home and did some sewing. Last night, I got the ten inch block for this month's Saturday Sampler done..

















This one was fun!

Then tonight, I tackled the three accompanying five inch blocks.

















Little pieces! (Glasses included in the pic to show how small the fabric bits were!)
















By the second one, I was zipping along and chaining significant sections.

















And here's my three! I'm loving these. They are hard enough to be challenging, but not so hard that I miss out on that sense of satisfaction when I'm done!

Tomorrow afternoon, Karene is coming over to sew. I'm not sure what she's stitching, but I hope to get a significant portion of a Crisis Center quilt top completed! Would be cool if I could complete it! A lofty goal, but if I don't aim high, it will be next winter and they won't all be done!!

:)

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Oh no! I have the fever again to start a new project. Why did I open your blog? Was it fate? Was it to torture myself?

Those little blocks speak to me. These will be good for you to do to prepare for our Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I think we are starting 2011. Right?

Joy said...

You have time to catch up! Snicker!

Jacque said...

Haha! Having looked at the Sylvia blocks now, I think ya'll will be doing it from 2011 to 2013!! Love your blocks - they look fun! Hope you and Karene had a profitable stitching time.
Love ya,
Jacque

Karene said...

Whoa Hoa !!! Nice blocks! It was nice to spend some quality sewing time with you! What the heck is Sylvia's Bridal Sampler??? You guys didn't let me in on that one...ha,ha,ha.

Joy said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe I didn't mention that one - I remember telling Yvette that "Karene doesn't like to read books, but I be she'd like to make the quilt!"

Then I completely forgot to say anything else!!! I will send you a linkie for the book with the quilt pattern! SO MUCH FUN TO BE HAD! (In 2011~~)