Sunday, February 11, 2007

A bit of progress....

Yay! Quilting class this afternoon! My 2.5 hours each week where I "escape" and just listen to the bantering and joking of the women around me, and soak up the colors and textures and projects that everyone is doing. I listen to all the hints our Teacher Extraordinaire (the super special Janet Salcido) gives us....

And every now and then I finish a quilt top....




















Today, I finished Karen's quilt top made in the Take Five pattern using all Asian materials.
















Next, I get to sandwich it with backing and batting, and machine quilt it - and then the darker blue print will be used also to bind it. Another F.O. soon!! (finished object)

This is the same pattern my transcriptionists and I used to make our Deborah's love blanky to use as she goes through chemotherapy and radiation......



















The little yellow blob is a card that everyone signed....We sent kits to transcriptionists and friends in Weatherford, Texas; New Bern, North Carolina; Perris, California; and Yorba Linda, California! After the finished blocks came back, Karene and I sewed them into strips and then the rows were joined, the backing (pink for breast cancer awareness) and batting and quilt top were layered and I machine quilted it....... :)

Hmmmm.....I just looked at the calendar. Its February 11......I don't think this is going to happen.



Still, looking at the positive, its better than having not walked at all!!

1 comment:

Karene said...

Karen's quilt turned out simply gorgeous !!! You should be very proud....Your pictures are always beautiful of your quilts. I can hardly wait to see it totally finished !!! Love ya, Karene