Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Today I vacuumed the grass.....???

Mother Nature can be such a ...."pain in the arse" sometimes. For five years, I've had an umbrella that stuck up out of a glass patio table......weighted down with a sand/water filled base which I dutifully filled with more water every year.....it never took more than a tablespoon or two to refill it - because it was not leaking. Whenever the Santa Ana winds kicked up, I made sure to stack the chairs, and tie the umbrella shut and we never had a problem, even in really, really severe Santa Ana winds.....

Until today. Dead quiet this morning, muggy, "June Gloom" weather in SoCal. Sudden gust of wind. Crashing sound. I knew, right then. I said to my husband, "that was the sound of the glass table being destroyed." And I was correct......unfortunately.

I have already pulled the table frame off the umbrella, and then pulled the tablecloth that was twisted around it, full of glass, over to the patio.....

There's that much glass UNDER the umbrella too......and an enormous amount was neatly encased in the tablecloth....

Sixteen paws wanted to go out and pee.....so I had to deal with it sooner rather than later......so there I was, with my shop vac, pointy end nosing around in the grass, sucking up shards of glass. Oh well.


No comments: