Monday, December 12, 2011

It's been a while, obviously....

Oh, good grief.  It's been so long since I posted that now there is a new interface to use.  Okay, this should be interesting.

First up, I've been making Christmas ornaments to give as gifts.  These are way too much fun! 



They take me about two hours apiece to make, but that's perfect to blow through a couple episodes of some old TV shows I've missed in the last decade or so.  Netflix streaming is definitely a fun addition to the sewing room!  Right now, I'm working my way through Dead Zone.  I saw the first season and then somehow, never watched any more. 

Here's a couple more....



Oh, now do tell.  If loading pix is this easy, I am a fan of this new interface.  Hitting "publish" will be the deciding factor, I guess!

Anyway, I also made a few kitchen appliance covers for my Mom for Christmas.  She never reads the blog, so I can show them here.....  She has collected owls for many years, and Dad says they've crossed the 500 mark for sure, so here's probably #537, #538 and #539 for her! 




These will cover his mixer (a Kitchen Aid), her mixer (a smaller older model), and their toaster oven.

And just in case they get tired of the Owl Trio, I put other designs on the backs!




Now I want to make some for myself!  With quilt related embroideries, of course! 

Tomorrow is another day! I have a quilt on the frame to finish quilting, and our dear friend Dani is coming by to pick up our wedding present for her (a quilt, of course!).  Then, I'm making a list, and checking it twice..... and it's a list of the UFOs in my sewing room!  2012 is going to be my year of FINISHES! 

Okay, hitting 'publish'!! G'nite!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

I am sew impressed with all of your ornaments and gifts. You did a great job! I can't wait to hear how your mom reacted.

MQuilter said...

I love the Christmas ornaments, very pretty! I like the set of kitchen appliance covers as a gift, beautifully done.

Snoodles said...

Oh, I hope one of those ornaments is coming my way! I hope, I hope! (Grin) I love those; they are fabulous. Love your covers for Mom, too. The embroideries are so cute! Great work, sis!