Thursday, September 17, 2009

Because I'm a hippie, that's why....


I found this material in Joann's not long ago, and armed with a 40% off coupon, dragging Michael along behind me (armed with his own coupon), we exited the store with a yard of the stuff and a yard of a coordinating piece also. If memory serves, the two yards of fabric ended up being $2.40 apiece.


















So I tried another pattern. It was pretty easy, and start to finish (from cutting out pieces right on through to vacuuming the sewing room floor) was about four hours.























I did not make the big poofy sash/bow.... I'm not that kind of girl.... Just a plain old ordinary hippie in jeans and a teeshirt!!


I'm not sure I like this purse as much as the last one. I'm sure it's just me, but I am not crazy with how open the sides are.


















I get the perception that all my "stuff" is in danger of toppling out. But I have not used it, so that may just be an unfounded concern. It also did not call for an inside pocket and my feeble brain didn't remind me that I'd like a couple of them. Anyway, I'll give it a road test tomorrow when I meet Laurie and Jason in the evening!


And now, for something truly gorgeous..... Look at what my sister just finished for my niece!!

















Click to embiggen - it's all kitties and Sew Cute!!

Awesome!!!!

Way to go Jacque!!!!

6 comments:

Karene said...

NICE !!! Way to go Jackie !!! Hey why not put in some Velcro, snaps, or maybe even a button or two on the sides to keep them closed???? Just a thought.

Yvette said...

Jacque!! That is sew cute!!!!

Joy, I have that purse pattern too!! We really must have that purse party.

Jacque said...

Thanks, everybody! I had fun making the "kitty quilt" !!
Joy - there is an ebay store that has magnetic closures that might work? Anyway - I love the bag, and your fabrics are wonderful!!
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Oh I want one..lol

Unknown said...

Tammy here is LowCarbChic...lol

kristi said...

Love it!!